Child Care Services provided by Terra at Braemar School.
The Terra Child and Family Support Centre provides quality on-site childcare to infants and toddlers between the ages of three weeks to three years and parenting support to teen mothers attending Braemar School.
- High quality, individualized care and early learning for all children enrolled in the program
- Nutritious meals and snacks for the children
- Individual & group parenting information and support
- Assistance in accessing funding to help with childcare fees
There is a wide-range of financial assistance available to our student population through:
- Learner's Bursary for Pregnant and Parenting Teens accessed and managed on-site at Braemar Campus
- Ministry of Human Services
When you register for classes at Braemar, you will be screened to determine which financial assistance meets your specific needs.
Generally speaking, your qualification is dependent on your current family situation, your age, the age of your child, and your current living arrangements.
We know that if your financial needs are met, you will have a much better chance of completing your education so that you are able to graduate and pursue your post-secondary career. You will know your qualification status when you come to the school and complete the registration process.
Braemar School has a well-equipped Medical Room on-site. Students and their children are free to make appointments in the general office. The scheduled dates that doctors and nurses are in the building are clearly listed on the school calendar.
The list of medical personnel that visit the school includes:
- Two medical doctors
- Public Health Nurses
- Birth Control Nurses
- Dental Hygienist
- Immunization Nurses
Page 1 of 2